.

New Blog URL: Poker Media Pro

After a long blog break finishing off The Mental Game of Poker 2, I have returned to my blog about the poker media which I was really enjoying writing, and a few people at least were enjoying reading. I've decided to take it a little more seriously and make it specifically about the poker media, which is why I have created a new blog from scratch and transferred the relevant content from my blogspot blog.

I went with the name Poker Media Pro mainly because I wanted the words poker and media in the URL. I went with pro at the end because its the shortest and therefore most memorable one I could think of, and also because the pro part is a play on the term poker pro, which should make it even more  memorable. There is part of me that worried that pro made it sound a bit douchey, but I'll get over it.

The two main areas for discussion on this blog will be:

The Poker Media

The area I have worked in for the last eight years and which I feel I have the most experience in. I started doing these blogs about the poker media specifically because I get so many people contacting me asking for advice on working in the poker media and creating content, that I wanted to document the responses I would give to save me having to write out two page replies every time.
I could blog about all things poker like most of my peers, but this is one niche which I feel is big enough for there to be some interest, yet to my knowledge has little to no competition. If there is one thing I have learned from working with Jared Tendler it is how powerful it is to be the only person who does what you do. Of course the people who are interested in the poker media are vastly fewer in number than the people interested in Jared's work, but it is nice to have the chance to make myself the 'go to' guy for poker media regardless.

Poker Marketing

The other thing I get asked about on a regular basis is advice on how to get more exposure for poker products. Marketing was one of my main roles at PokerNews, I have had a few private consulting gigs for small poker companies in recent years, and to date my biggest marketing success was The Mental Game of Poker, which has sold tremendously well despite being released on Black Friday of all dates.
Poker marketing is a much more competitive niche, but I think I have discovered a niche within the niche, which is poker marketing on a budget. We barely spent a penny on the marketing for The Mental Game of Poker and there is so many effective ways to reach the audience which don't mean you have to pay for adverts or to stick a patch on Michael Mizrachi.

So for those of you who subscribed to my blog, bookmark www.pokermediapro.com as that is where I'll be doing most of my blogging from now on. 

0 comments:

Copyright © Barry Carter Poker